Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Note from Denise

Hi, friends,

I am not sure we have many "followers" these days - I have really slowed down in my blogging since starting back to school. WOW has it been hectic, but I am amazed once again that I have great kids and a wonderful school to work for.

Anyway, I wanted you to know that Stewart is doing so much better. He hasn't had a headache in many days, and is so anxious to get back to work, hoping to return part time in the next week or two. The trauma of the past 6 weeks is fading, giving way to cooler temperatures and calmer nerves! I am getting a little TOO used to him being home every day...getting a little spoiled, actually. I am so pleased when I see progress, returning to his life in stages. 2 weeks ago he could hardly turn his head due to the severe headaches, and this week he vacuumed and started unloading the dishwasher. (Oh yes, dreams DO come true, ha!) Needless to say I am quite happy about this progress ;) He works hard to try to relieve me of the many small tasks he couldn't help with for awhile, and I am very appreciative.

Driving: Yes, Stewart drove for the first time this week. Don't think I wasn't a bit nervous. I asked him if he could see the people on the sidewalk and he said, "what people? What sidewalk?" Glad he still has the sense of humor.

The girls are doing super in school, and I am very proud of their hard work. I gave the dog a bath for the first time all summer. I know. Gross. We all feel better.

Thank you if you are still reading our blog...honestly, I will be glad when we shut 'er down and move on with life. Not because I don't enjoy writing, but because I am ready to see Stew return to normal.

I think we all feel that way. :)

Have a lovely weekend!
Denise

6 comments:

  1. There are still people following and thrilled to read such a great report! Praying for a full recovery. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! Such AWESOME news! We continue to pray for Stewart's COMPLETE recovery and for all of you as you travel this journey with him.

    God is good!

    Blessings to all,
    Jennifer Castro
    (Megan Smallwood's sister)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise,

    I still check in to see how Stewart is doing. I know that his miraculous healing has given hope to so many and has encouraged my walk with the LORD. I love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was SO GOOD to see him at work today!!!Everyone was so excited!

    Thanks for blogging~

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith-of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire- may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. 1 Peter 1:6-7
    I have watched you all (through the blog) persevere and trust God through this horrendous trial and as far as I am concerned your faith has been proved genuine to the glory of Jesus Christ. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I add my applause in God's healing power and goodness to carry you through these rough weeks.

    I am rejoicing that Stewart has returned to work again and I know he is jumping up and down.

    We have been so busy these last few weeks that I haven't kept up with your blog real often, but when I want to find out if there's any new news, I go here.

    Love you girl,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete