Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wonderful Wednesday

Hi Everyone,

Your favorite blogger is back!!! ;-) I know my Mom updated last night, and I am sorry we have not been better about updating daily. Like my Mom said, my Dad is doing better. Each day is getting better. He still has some stitches left and his black eye hasn't gone away, but hopefully it will soon. Last night after we ate dinner I took my Dad on a walk up and down the street. It wasn't far, but he really looks forward to the evening when it's not so hot so he can get out of the house if only for a few minutes. It wore him out, but he is pushing himself to walk every day. He really is doing great. Still has the headaches, but they are on and off. The area where they drilled during the surgery is the most painful for him. I can't even imagine what that would be like! He had a headache very early this morning, but he is taking extra strength tylenol to help regulate them. It's alot better now that he isn't taking the heavy duty pain meds...it makes him foggy and drowsy. I'm glad that tylenol is helping him. He says it's the worst in the morning because he has been laying down all night. Once he gets up and around, it seems to get better.

Like my Mom said, my Grandma left yesterday to go back home to N.M. She has been here almost a month. It was a blessing to have her here, but I know she was ready to get back home. We already miss her! Now that Jazz is back at school, and my mom and I start school on Monday, things seem to be back to normal. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful job that I really enjoy and is stress free. I can't believe I start Seminary next week! I am really excited. I have a friend that is letting me borrow two of her textbooks..so I only have buy one! I am blessed to have such great friends! :)

Anyway, thank you to everyone who has been following our blog and keeping up with my Dad. Sometimes if he feels up to it, he is able to read some of the older posts, and we also read him entries in the guestbook from the hospital. He has been very touched to see what everyone who came to visit wrote..It's really cool to see that. He hardly remembers any of the time he spent in the ICU. Like I have said before, he loves the cards that he has been recieving--it's brightens his day every day to know people are thinking and praying for him. Since he is home all day, it's really the highlight of his day to go outside and check the mail. :) (Except when he gets bills..lol)It's hard for him to be taking it easy and resting all day, it really is. He wants to be up working in the garage, and back at the church! I have the upmost confidence that that will all happen very soon.

I hope everyone reading this today has a blessed day. We love you all!!

Tiffany

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Tiffany! I will pray for you as you enter Seminary. I think that is awesome that you are getting to do that. Do you have to take Greek? One of the professors goes to our church..awesome man, but I think tough professor, (I guess Greek would be hard anyway). But I know you will do fine! I am still so thankful for Stewart's healing and everything God is doing. I will keep praying for your family.
    Take care, love in Christ,
    Mariann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tiff,
    We are excited that you are finally starting seminary as you have desired. We'll be praying for you.

    Know we are rejoicing in your Dad's improvement and all of you returning to some sense of normalcy again.

    We will continue praying for His full healing and recovery so he can return to work as soon as possible.

    Love you,
    Aunt Becky and Uncle Tom

    ReplyDelete